How to legally work in Russia
• If you are going to come to Russia on a visa and want to work for hire, then you need to get formalized an invitation from someone who wants to hire you to work. Your employer should issue an invitation to the regional body of the FMS. He must also enter with you into a written contract (fixed-term employment contract or civil contract providing paid services), a regional body of the FMS to get you a work permit after your arrival in Russia send it to you on receipt before you begin the work.
• If you came to work in Russia visa-free status and have a temporary residence or temporary residence, you can issue the permit to work independently, to apply to the territorial office of FMS. Then you must find an employer and sign a contract with him. If you have a status of temporary residence and not find a job (do not sign a contract with the employer) within 90 days after the entry into Russia, you'll have to leave its territory.
(Citizens of the Republic of Belarus, get a job on the Rights of
Russian citizens without obtaining a work permit).
• If you want to do business in Russia, you must register as a sole proprietor doing business without a legal entity. In this case you must have a permit for temporary residence in Russia or a residence permit.
• Keep in mind that foreign citizens in Russia prohibited from trading in the retail pharmaceutical products and alcoholic beverages, including beer (RF Government Resolution dated November 15, 2006 № 683). In the period from April 1 to December 31, 2007 it is prohibited in retail trade via stalls and markets, as well as other retail trade not in stores.
Responsibility for violation of rules
• If you break the rules of entry, residence or employment in Russia, you may incur a heavy fine, deportation or administrative expulsion from Russia.
• The officials, employers, and those who invited you to Russia, are responsible for the breach of its obligation to respect the rules of your stay and trudou stroystva under Russian law.
- How to enter Russia legally
- How to stay in Russia legally
- Making self-employment in Russia
- How to prolong the stay in Russia and expand their rights (the status of temporary residence)
- Responsibility for violation of the rules for entry, stay and work in Russia
- Useful tips for migrant workers
- A list of government agencies designed to assist foreign nationals
- Online Help