How to pass the interview
In recent years, most organizations sobesedovanieprohozhdenie interview for a job is becoming more the interviewand more complex: one interviewer or commission, numerous interviews, demonstration of skills / abilities, hostile interview, the study of personal affairs, psychological tests, role plays, exercises and so on wit called "test street." Since it is impossible to foresee all of what you may encounter, our tips will help you to successfully pass an interview.
1. Get ready for everything imaginable and unimaginable
Why are unthinkable? The answer is simple: Plan your strategy, preparing answers to possible questions, and then practice, practice, practice. Role-play and repeat their responses until, until they are completely natural and spontaneous to fly with the tongue, which is possible only after many repetitions.
2. Particularly clearly articulate what you know and what you want to achieve
Most of the interviews based on a study summary, therefore, point it to your goals, relevant experience, education, etc., hard to remember and feel. As for your job objective, be clear on what you want and do not want. The labor market is little room for people willing to do anything and as a result they will get nothing.
3. Make sure that your ability to match your goals
For example, if you wrote in the university coursework to be eligible to take a position if you have a driver's license, if you have achieved much success working or have a specific certificate, be sure to mention this in your story or include in your file. For example: "When I was writing a term paper on the subject of government, I learned the following ..."
4. Clearly describe your strengths
You will no doubt be asked questions regarding your strengths and weaknesses. Know your strengths and emphasize those that relate specifically to your future posts. For example, if you are applying for a sales position, you can describe one of your strengths (if true) as follows: "I have studied the personality types and learned to quickly identify potential buyers, finding each of them an individual approach." In this case, be prepared to confirm this assertion, if the interviewer suddenly asks: "And what category would you classify me?"
5. Bring your weakness as a strength
It is not easy, so think about why the question is asked. The interviewer wants to know a bit about you personally, for example, if you are arrogant ("I do not think I have any weaknesses"), or do you know yourself ("Well, as I have never thought about that"), and, finally, how you overcome your weaknesses. There are two ways to answer this question and make a positive impression on the interviewer: (a) Explain what is trying to overcome the weakness, you have learned something. For example, if your career was a period that does not meet the new position (like when you break occurred in an accounting career, you were selling cars ... And it happens!), You can tell the interviewer: "It is a weakness, to overcome which I took time was that I was not sure if I wanted to make a career as an accountant. Eventually I realized that I really do not want to sell products and much more interesting to me the opportunity to solve customer problems. " (B) Pick a weakness that is really strong. For example, if you're interviewing for a job in the organization, which, as you know, make high demands of work and unforgiving of average performance, you can say, "One of my weaknesses is that I tend to be impatient with those who are not ready to give everything 110%. " In this case, your "weakness" may help you get the job done.
6. You should know exactly where you want to work.
The standard question, which has many variations, states: "Where do you want to work in five years from now?" and mind you, just from today. The answers may be different. If you do not plan to inherit the company of his father or mother of your response may be more ambiguous than it was ten years ago. Why? Because the economy is changing so rapidly that to make any predictions about the distant future is extremely difficult. Thus, instead of answering, "I plan to take a senior manager in this company," you might say: "I plan to qualify for each level of hierarchy in the industry." Your exact response will depend on how you are looking for work, but the main principle is that you must be specific and flexible at the same time, and it assumes that you understand all the complexities of the business, which involves work.
7. If you were fired, say so explicitly.
Many people were laid off and make his comments, not by their own fault. Today, the dismissal is not a stigma, if only it had not been for a very good reason. Answer directly, but without the "charge" in his voice. Expression of your resentment of the fact that you were allowed to leave, says the interviewer that you can not accept the realities of modern free enterprise and that the reduction in production and employment is often appropriate and necessary.
8. You must have your personal standards
This question relates to another topic and he has no relation to the particular interview. However, many organizations are looking for people who have standards regarding their personal or professional life, people who can clearly and concisely articulate them and follow them. And the shorter the better. "I delegate my weaknesses," "I do not take on projects unless I can give them 100%", "I strive for learning and growth throughout life."
9. Ask questions to the interviewer
Competent interviewer will respect your efforts to assess the organization and position to determine whether it meets your requirements. It depends on you to decide in advance what you ideally want and are willing to do than to start with. For example, you would like to start a salary of $ 75,000, but agree on a smaller, if you see the prospect of growth.
10. Do not let the issue of salary to harass a
Even today you can still hear the old saying: "Our policy is - do not pay salaries to the new employee more than X% of his current salary." The real and only issue - is ready to see if your prospective employer is paying for what you deserve. And what you are worth depends on the work, skill and willingness to respond to it. In most organizations, there are clear parameters for a particular job and the level of earnings, depending on market conditions and experience of the challenger. In most cases, unless you are very professional, you'll be limited to this framework. But within this framework, the value of your work - a question of mutual agreement, based on your knowledge of what you stand on your ability to convince the interviewer. So: find out the level of compensation for the work that you are looking for a realistic value of your work and be prepared to defend its position.
A few more tips for a successful interview:
11. Stand up when a person who will conduct the interview with you, greets you. Stand up for as long as you do not propose to sit down.
12. Firmly shake hands with the interviewer and stand directly in front of him - it tells about your confidence.
13. Be nice to the receptionist, as the interviewer often asked his opinion.
14. Men ... do not release your foot from the floor during the interview, knees - at the waist, and hands put on a chair. Wear a suit of conservative color (dark blue, brown, dark gray, dark green or black) with white shirt, black or just dark shoes and socks to match your suit.
15. Women, cross your ankles or feet, but the wrong foot, which hold the bottom right and the other does not swing and does not move, his elbows on the armrests keep the chair. Choose a neutral color stockings without extravagant patterns, shoes should be the color of your suit or a little darker. The best choice - shoes on average heel. Do not wear sandals or shoes with open toes. Make sure your makeup is suitable for the position for which you are applying for and try to make it natural.
16. Feel free to gesticulate - this will add you confidence. Do not forget to smile!
17. Look straight into the eyes of the interviewer. This is important because gives you more sincerity.
18. Never say anything bad about yourself and your current or former bosses. If you are asked to say something bad, then an episode from the past and not dwelling on it, go directly to what you expect from a good new job.
19. Take a folder of soft leather - no large bags or briefcases.
20. Do not overdo the perfume: you do not want to kill the interviewer is too strong smell!
21. Be attentive to all details - Shelled shoes, hairstyle, accessories, neat manicure.
22. If you fly to the place of the interview on the plane - it is very important to be there the day before the interview to get a good rest at night and get in shape.
23. Show no symbols of religious or political affiliation.
24. Read about the company and the interviewer as much as possible
- How to write a resume
- How to write a cover letter
- Typical symptoms that should alert for a job abroad